BPC assists international students to adjust to life in Australia by:
- supplying information about living in Queensland
- helping to arrange student accommodation, banking and transport
- putting students in touch with community support and multi-cultural services to help with cultural adjustment and homesickness
- supplying information and support with ‘Overseas Student Health Cover’ and health concerns
- assisting students in applying for their international student card, and internet access
- arranging learning support to help with academic difficulties
- answering any general questions you may have
- supplying information on international student visa conditions such as:
- academic performance
- contact details
- working while on a student visa
- employment restrictions.
There is a wide range of student accommodation options available to international students in Queensland, including:
- Homestay, a popular type of accommodation. Students live with Australian families who provide a furnished room and up to three meals a day. Costs can vary, but are generally around A$200-A$260 a week, with a one-off placement fee of approximately A$195-$210.
- Rental accommodation. Price will vary depending on the type, standard and location of the property. As a guide, a two-bedroom apartment could cost between A$300 and A$400 per week, and a three-bedroom house could cost between A$350 to A$A500 per week.
- Shared accommodation with other students, a popular option because it reduces living expenses and fosters a supportive environment. The price for accommodation varies on the type, standard and location. The cost of renting a room varies depending on the location and length of stay, but is generally between A$100 to A$220 per week. There is usually no bond or lease required.
- After you have received your Australian study visa, please contact us if you need the College to arrange your accommodation. Alternatively you may find your own accommodation using the following websites:
BPC has a comprehensive, compulsory Orientation program for International Students studying in Australia.
All new International Students are required to attend an orientation session at the City Campus during the first week of study commencement.
For more information, please refer to your Student Handbook.